Deltassist Family and Community Services
Society is committed to protecting personal information about our clients, donors, funders,
employees and volunteers. Our goal is to maintain the highest quality of services and integrity
in all our dealings. To that end, we will collect, store, use and disclose personal information,
in accordance with the Personal Information Protection Act (PIPA), as needed to:
• Undertake program/service activities such as assessment & service plan development, service delivery,
facilitate referrals, recruit volunteers and make volunteer referrals
• Establish and maintain relationships with our clients.
• Establish and maintain relationships with our donors
• Establish, maintain or terminate relationships with our employees and volunteers
• Administer our society
• Meet legal, regulatory or statutory requirements
• Conduct quality improvement activities
• Acknowledge contributions to our society
What Is Personal Information
Personal information is any information about an identifiable individual. It includes information such as:
• Name, age and gender
• Home address and phone number
• Marital status, nationality, ethnic origin and religion
• Employment information
• Information regarding income, health and personal preferences
Personal information excludes business contact information such as:
• Business telephone and fax numbers, street and email addresses
• Accountability: Deltassist is accountable and responsible for maintaining and protecting personal information under its
control. We also have a designated Privacy Officer who is accountable for our compliance with this policy.
• Identifying Purposes: Deltassist will identify the purposes for which personal information is collected, and how it will be used,
either before or at the time of collection.
• Consent: Deltassist will obtain your consent to collect, use, or disclose personal information, except where authorized
or required to do so by law. If a new purpose for your personal information is identified we will inform
you and obtain your consent prior to its use.
• Limiting Collection: Deltassist will limit the collection of your personal information to only those details which are reasonable and
necessary for the purpose intended.
• Limiting Use, Disclosure and Retention: Your personal information will only be used or disclosed for the purpose for which it was
collected, unless you have otherwise consented, or where it is required by law. Personal information will be retained
only as long as is necessary for the fulfilment of those purposes and/or any legal requirements.
• Accuracy: Deltassist
will ensure that personal information collected is kept as accurate, up to date and complete as possible to full fill the
purposes for which it was collected.
• Safeguarding Information: Deltassist
will protect the personal information it collects by maintaining reasonable physical, technical and procedural security safeguards
to prevent unauthorized access, use, disclosure, loss or modification.
• Openness: Information
about Deltassist's policies and practises relating to the management of personal information will be made readily
available to you on request.
• Access: You may request
access to your personal information at any time to review its content and accuracy. Deltassist has developed a protocol
to be followed for client access to Deltassist client records, and employee access to personnel files.
• Compliance: You may contact
complaint about our privacy practises, you may make it in writing to our Privacy Officer by email or letter.
The Privacy Officer will acknowledge receipt of your complaint, ensure that it is investigated promptly, and that you
are provided with a formal decision and reasons in writing.